09 March, 2020

The Text Tool Add-on (version 1.0)


In this video, we will be creating a new add-on I call, the Text Tool Add-on. 
I wanted to create an add-on that would help speed up our workflow when adding text within blender.

We will need a Panel for our button and a Popup Dialog Box to execute the operation (and we have covered this in previous tutorials. Playlist here).

We can add pretty much anything to our Dialog box, and for the Text Tool add-on I want to be able to enter Some Custom Text, Set the Scale,Set the Orientation, Set the Alignment, add a Boolean and if the Boolean is True; I want the text to be extruded.

Then in the next video, we can take a look at tidying up the Dialog box Layout and make it look much better. 

I also have some Ideas for Animated effects. So if you think that sounds good, let us know in the comments below.

If you would like to download the add-on you can find the script here.  

 
I hope you find this video helpful and if you have any comments or suggestions for things you would like to see in future versions, be sure to let us know!.

2 comments:

  1. I've watch a few of your scripting video and still have a hard time figuring out where you get the coding from. I understand running a task like make a cube and copy paste but its the other parts of the prior coding you put in front of it.

    Cheers
    MR HOLLYWOOD

    ReplyDelete