30 June, 2021

Game Development: The Throne (Dev Log 001)

 

 

As some of you may already know, recently I have been working on a side project. It's a 2D Side Scroller called The Throne.

It was suggested that I start creating Development Logs and share with you guys the progress of this little game.

So I decided to record pretty much all of the things I have done so far (not much since it's only been a week) you can check out the Video here.

The Throne is a small game where you become a King called Urkhart in the Mythical Land of Kanterbury.

As King you must manage your kingdom, Nobles and other types of annoyances. each week will present, Petitioner, Lords, Ladies and Public Figures. You can choose to act now or Dismiss them.




I have a bunch of things planned to implement such as Trade Agreements, Decrees, Loyalty, Morale and much more.


As you can tell the Art style is really not great and that's down to my poor drawing skills. That being said, I think it does convey an atmosphere and I think it will work for now. If in the future I can afford to hire an artist, I would like to redraw the assets or create a better version of the game with new assets.





Since this is my first real attempt at creating a Game, it will no doubt be rough and I appreciate the continued support!.

If you would like support my channel or this Game further, we now have a Patreon here. Get exclusive Development Updates, In game Content and more!.

2 comments:

  1. I have become a Patron. I'm Kyle239EA on YT. Keep it up. Look forward to playing one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kyle, I really appreciate the support! Thanks for being a Patron! and hopefully it won't be too long to wait ;)

      Delete