13 April, 2020

Blender Add-on: The Text Tool [Version 1.03]



In this video, I wanted to share with you the update for the Text Tool Add-on (v 1.03). You can download the updated Script here.

In this new version we have two new additions, The Radial Curve Tool and the Radial Border Tool. 


Radial Curve Tool

Just enter your text and the Radial Curve Tool will do all the work for you!.  You can set the Text Position to be wrapped around the top or the bottom.




By default the Bezier Curve is a Circle, though if you want you can enter edit mode and change the shape of your curve to fit your needs.













Radial Border Tool

The Radial Border Tool, will create a border based on the Selected Preset Style or you can Enter your own letter or character and create a Custom Radial Border.


These Features are not perfect and I have some Ideas already on how I want to improve it. That being said, I think it's a nice and quick way to add curved text or radial borders. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the comments!.

I hope you find this update helpful!. As always, thanks for reading..

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this helpful tool... I do not have to do all of this in Gimp and import to Blender anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this helpful tool... I do not have to do all of this in Gimp and import to Blender anymore...

    ReplyDelete