23 March, 2019

Taking a look at Blender 2.8

(Blender 2.8)

Today we will be taking a look at Blender 2.8. (Download 2.8 Beta)

Watch the Video here.

With the new version getting closer, I wanted to check it out and try out the Beta. 

In this video, I talk about 2.8, change some settings, look at the start-up presets and we will look at an example Eevee Scene "The Tower" (created by Dominik Graf).

As I mention at the start of the video, there is nothing instructional in the video. Only my thoughts and opinions. I will link to some 2.8 Tutorials which I like and think may help you with your 2.8 journey. 

There are so many new updates coming with Blender 2.8 it would take a while to cover everything. What are you excited about using or doing in 2.8? Let us know in the comments below. 

At first, I was taken aback by the changes. I felt exactly like I did when I first started using Blender. I couldn't find things, shortcuts were different and there were Icons I had never seen before.

However, I started to play around with everything and things became simple. It was like Blender had changed, only not really

The Icons have been updated and now actually represent what they do. Windows have been optimized and we have less distractions. We have better start-up presets and so much more!. 

For full details you can check out the Official Release Notes

If you have already started using Blender 2.8, what do you like/dislike about it?. Let us know in the comments. 

The biggest change coming to Blender 2.8 is Eevee. 

It would be wrong of me not to include the new real time render engine Eevee. 
Eevee is a physically based renderer. It can be used for your Final renders or your realtime Viewport. 
This is incredible, not only do we get to see our work in the viewport but we can render things much faster than Cycles. 



I did a tutorial on "How to compose a Matte Painting in 2.8" and I mention how Eevee rendered my test much faster than cycles. 

I also did a VFX Eyes Tutorial you can see here.

Have you used Eevee yet?. Here are some tutorials on Eevee. 

Eevee 5 Tips you should know (by Tutor4u)

Eevee Environment Design - (by Ducky 3d)  

Create a Modern Bedroom in Blender in 35 mins - (by CG Geek)

I think these are a good selection of tutorials to get anyone started using Eevee. If you have any suggestions for 2.8 or Eevee let us know in the Comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment