19 March, 2019

Can Blender be used for 3D Printing?

(Left: Suzanne Model - Right: Suzanne 3D Print) 
One of the questions I get asked the most is; "Can Blender be used to 3D Print?"


The answer may not surprise you (since Blender can do almost anything) but the Answer is yes!. 

3D Printers have become much smallercheaper and easier to use and now is the perfect time for anyone to get their hands on a 3D Printer. 

If you use Blender (or other similar software), you can easily print your ModelsObjects and Parts.

I did a video on this recently where I took Suzanne and made her "Print Ready", you can see the video here.

You need to export your models as STL's and you can then use that file in your slicing software. 

As you can see in the picture above, I printed out the model and removed the supports. I did not clean it right away. 

Since then, I cleaned the Print and gave it a somewhat "passable" paint job.






I then had an idea of turning Suzanne into an Angel and Demon. I thought it would be interesting to see what different things I could turn her into.


(Angel and Demon Model)
(3D Printed and Painted)
You can check out the video here. 


I plan to do more different types of "Suzanne Prints" in the future so be sure to look out for those.

So Yes!, Blender can indeed be used for 3D Printing. 

What will you print using Blender?






1 comment:

  1. Yes blenders can be used for 3D printing, the creativity in this aspect is indeed awesome, however, for epson printers epson printer error 0x97 are quite common

    ReplyDelete